This course will enable the learner to use a self-contained breathing apparatus safely (SCBA) and effectively during normal occupational health and safety assignments and emergency procedures.
- A passed practical and summative assessment must be completed to achieve competence.
At the end of the course, the learner will know:
- the body’s reaction to self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- the importance of oxygen to the body
- personal protection while using an SCBA
- how breathing apparatus will protect you as an employee
- how to identify different types of breathing apparatus (BA)
- how to identify different parts of BA
- how to determine work duration of BA
- precautions to take when donning a BA
- how to identify different donning methods
- how to use BA safely
- how to identify emergency procedures while using BA.
- Classroom Price: R2 130
- Classroom Duration: 2 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • All employees who could be required to use self-contained breathing apparatus for work-related purposes • Employees working in oxygen reduced environments, confined spaces fire watch/standby personnel