NOSA is committed to a philosophy of sustainable development, quality, integrity, professionalism and continual improvement in our products and services.
NOSA acknowledges that we have a duty and responsibility to ensure, in so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our various stakeholders.
It is the policy of the company to:
- provide and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health and safety of employees, contactors, visitors, and others who might be affected by our operations and activities
- ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the sustainable use of natural resources and to prevent or minimise harm to the environment that might arise from our operations and activities
- provide systems of work to ensure quality service and product delivery
- allocate sufficient resources and sound management systems to the fulfilment of this policy
- comply with all relevant and applicable legal statutes and requirements, approved codes of practice, corporate and company standards and, where applicable, internationally recognised standards and best operating practices. By complying to relevant the legal statutes and requirements, we strive to meet the requirements and expectations of our customers, employees and all interested parties.
In particular, and so far as is reasonably practicable, the company, through its leaders, committees, heads of department, supervisors and workers, will:
- Identify and mitigate potential risks resulting from its operations and activities that may impact the environment, health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors, other persons
- set objectives based on identified risks pertaining to health, safety, the environment and quality and monitor progress accordingly
- provide, maintain and continually improve environmentally sustainable, safe and healthy working conditions, systems of work and equipment
- provide, maintain and continually improve on an integrated management system
- meet or exceed our clients’ expectations, the first time and every time, through the application of quality principles at all levels
- provide relevant and necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to employees and management
- prevent pollution, manage waste and conserve natural resources
- plan, monitor, evaluate and conduct all processes in a systematic and controlled manner
- evaluate, approve and monitor contractors and suppliers
- empower staff to meet the objectives of our quality system by continually evaluating and providing them with appropriate resources, training and supervision
In achieving the objectives of this policy, the leadership of NOSA will promote and maintain open and constructive dialogue and working relations with employees, local communities, regulatory agencies, business organisations, and other affected and interested parties to:
- build relations based on honesty, openness, mutual trust, and involvement to ensure quality service delivery
- increase knowledge and enhance mutual understanding in matters of common concern
- share responsibility for meeting the requirements of this policy
- communicate this policy to workers, contactors, relevant stakeholders and other interested parties.
This policy will be reviewed annually to reflect the company’s commitment to the principles of sustainable development, continual improvement, and will be made available on our website: www.nosa.co.za.