Operate advanced defined purpose lift trucks
The successful learner will be able to operate a battery operated, defined purpose lift truck. The learner is able to access emergency support and services, in the case of an emergency, while operating a lift truck. The person is also able to identify and classify the load, handle and move the freight, while operating the lifting equipment in accordance with standards and its performance capabilities. They are also able to monitor the fitness of the lift truck.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- access available emergency support systems and services in case of incidents and accidents
- identify and classify freight/loads
- handle, load and store freight
- achieve maximum work performance of battery powered lifting equipment and attachments
- operate equipment.
- Unit Standard Title: Operate advanced defined purpose lift trucks
- Classroom Price: R 2 940 per day
- Classroom Duration: 5 days (novice); 1 day (recertification)
- Credits: 7
- SAQA ID: 242972
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: 1. Communication at NQF Level 3 or equivalent Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3 or equivalent 2. Re-certification training should have a certificate not expired for more than 90 days 3. The driver should be declared physically fit and have completed an eyesight test (such as the Orthorator test, the Purdue University Test No 3, etc) and industry recognised depth perception and hand-eye-coordination test. 4. It is assumed that people starting to learn towards this unit standard have already undergone company induction, have an appropriate licence to operate in the work area, and are competent in unit standards which address: • Relevant Code of practice • Occupational Health, Safety and General Housekeeping Mechanical Awareness and Plant Appreciation.
- Target Groups: • This course is targeted at employees (novice or experienced) with responsibilities for functions within the workplace that relate to operating the following range of lifting machinery: F5: Reach lift truck up to rated capacity of 2 500 kg, F8: Order picking lift truck – for first and second level racking (narrow aisle/wide aisle) (NA/WA), F9: Order picking lift truck – for all level racking including high-rise (NA/WA), F13: VNA (very narrow aisle) lift truck, non-elevating cab, to service all levels, F14: VNA lift truck, elevating cab, to service all levels, F15: Rail mounted stacker lift truck with non-elevating cab, F16: Rail mounted stacker lift truck with elevating cab. Attachments and special equipment shall include: A: Side Shift B: Single pole C: Carton or paper roll clamp D: Crane Hook E: Push-Pull/Slip sheet equipment F: Load Rotator G: Wire Guidance system H: Load Extender Pantograph I: Rotating Mast (Turret Truck) J: Tilting Bucket K: Tandem Forks