Introduction to SAMTRAC
As a stepping stone towards obtaining your SAMTRAC certificate, Introduction to SAMTRAC will provide learners with the ability to understand the fundamentals of HSE-related legislation and legal compliance as well as the ability to apply the techniques for hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course
- Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
On successful completion of this course, learners will have the ability to apply the techniques for hazard identification and risk assessment, as well as understand basic HSE management-system requirements and procedures.
By the end of the course, you should have a better understanding of the following:
- Fundamentals of:
- HSE-related legislation and legal compliance
- management system theory and practice.
- What occupational health, safety, and environment (HSE) is
- Some key health, safety and environment related definitions and issues
- Key aspects of:
- the OHS Act
- Important definitions in environmental management
- The role of management within HSE
- The benefit of a management system
- The important role of controls in risk management
- The function of the hierarchy of controls.
- Classroom Price: R 8 490
- Classroom Duration: 5 days
- Professional Body: SAIOSH
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: Grade 12 or equivalent
- Target Groups: • HSE practitioners • Risk managers