The flagship course in occupational health and safety management, SAMTRAC provides the learner with the technical knowledge of concepts, issues, procedures and techniques relating to HSE. This technical knowledge enables the learner to apply the core concepts of risk management and inform policy decision and strategic decision-making processes about the importance of risk management in any sector.
- Various activities will be completed online.
- A practice assessment to be done at the end of the online course
- Students must book their final summative assessment at a training centre
- Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
The below will be addressed in the course:
- Collect, review and store HSE and technical information related to processes, equipment and materials.
- Analyse information for changes to safety, health and environmental regulations, rules and requirements in a technical environment.
- Analyse HSE incidents and changes in the technical process and identify areas for improvement or change.
- Develop an approach to incorporating changes and adapt steps, processes and procedures.
- Implement changes and ensure adherence to the new requirements and evaluate the effect of changes.
- Explain risk management.
- Analyse potential risks and the impact thereof.
- Develop and implement risk management procedures.
- Monitor and assess risk management procedures.
- Unit Standard Title: Address safety, health and environmental requirements and hazards in a technical context & Apply principles of risk management
- Unit Standard ID: 117701 & 120303
- Course Price: R16 140
- Course Duration: 10 days
- Credits: 16
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 5
- Prerequisites: Introduction to SAMTRAC
- Target Groups: • HSE and occupational health practitioners • Department of Employment and Labour (DEL) inspectors and hygienists • Risk/insurance assessors • Line managers and supervisors • HSE representatives, committee members and chairpersons • Staff involved with day-to-day management of HSE programme