SAMTRAC International For Mining
SAMTRAC International for Mining is a health, safety and environmental (HSE) training course that enables mining companies to set a single standard of training across their global operations. The course provides learners with the foundational and fundamental knowledge critical to HSE application, valuable and practical insight into HSE management as well as an interactive, state-of-the-art e-Learning platform.
Made up of a theory-based assessment and a practical based assessment.
An exam is written at one of our NOSA branches or internationally at one of our 5000 exam venues.
The course entails the following key aspects:
- Technical safety management, occupational health and safety management and SHEQ management systems
- Risk management as a process and different risk-control measures
- Evaluating different incident-prevention theories
- Motivating the use of HSE management systems to prevent incidents in the workplace
- Advising on different legislative requirements with regard to health, safety and the environment
- Evaluating the management of different technical aspects as part of the HSE management system
- Assisting management with the implementation and maintenance of effective occupational health, safety and environmental programmes
- Identifying relevant environmental acts, regulations and guidelines
- Describing the impact of industrial operations on the environment
- Writing risk-based standards for HSE management systems
- Advising on implementation and measurement of standards
- Co-ordinating the HSE management system to achieve constant improvement
- Course Price: R 18 990
- Course Duration: 6 months
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • HSE practitioners • Risk assessors • Line managers and supervisors • HSE representatives, committee members and chairpersons • Engineering personnel