Plan road transport service delivery
The purpose of the learning is to ensure that professional drivers are able to deliver road transport services in a professional manner by contextualising their own service delivery within the broader sector and industry, planning their trips, and anticipating various scenarios that may occur once they are driving vehicles on the open road. By achieving this unit standard, learners are able to make informed choices regarding their own performance, as well as the performance of vehicles. This will improve the level of road transport service, and will ensure that unnecessary expenditure is prevented, improving the profitability of road transport service delivery. The competencies attained to achieve this unit standard will allow the learner to pursue a career in any related road transport service area.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- contextualise the road transport sector within the transport industry
- describe vehicle components according to manufacturer specifications
- plan for road transport trips according to specified contexts
- explain the impact of specific conditions in terms of vehicle and driver performance.
- Unit Standard Title: Plan road transport service delivery
- Classroom Price: R 1 630
- Classroom Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 8
- SAQA ID: 123261
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy NQF Level 2
- Target Groups: • This programme is aimed at any person delivering transportation services within the warehousing or logistics chain.