Operate truck-mounted crane
On completion of this course, the successful learner will be able to understand the functions of a truck-mounted crane while using the crane in a safe and suitable manner. They will also be able to access support and emergency services, in the case of an incident or accident in the workplace.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the functions of a truck-mounted crane
- identify the safety and suitability of the crane
- inspect and record the operational fitness of the components of the truck and crane
- operate a truck-mounted crane
- access available support systems and emergency services in case of incidents and accidents.
- Unit Standard Title: Operate truck-mounted cranes
- Classroom Price: R 2 940 per day
- Classroom Duration: 5 days (novice); 1 day (recertification)
- Credits: 8
- SAQA ID: 242978
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: 1. Communication at NQF Level 3 or equivalent Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3 or equivalent 2. Re-certification training should have a certificate not expired for more than 90 days 3. The driver should be declared physically fit and have completed an eyesight test (such as the Orthorator test, the Purdue University Test No 3, etc) and industry recognised depth perception and hand-eye-coordination test. 4. It is assumed that people starting to learn towards this unit standard have already undergone company induction, have an appropriate licence to operate in the work area, and are competent in unit standards which address: • Relevant Code of practice • Occupational Health, Safety and General Housekeeping • Mechanical Awareness and Plant Appreciation.
- Target Groups: • This course is targeted at employees (novice or experienced) with responsibilities for functions within the workplace that relate to operating truck mounted cranes. Cranes shall include: C32 Truck mounted crane. Attachments shall include: • S: Tandem Lifts • T: Special Categories The Codes and Attachments correspond with the National Code of Practice