Operate a light motor vehicle
The course offers a comprehensive practical and theoretical programme on road safety and defensive driving for light motor vehicles. The purpose of learning is to ensure safe, professional operation of rigid (no articulation points) light vehicles with a gross vehicle mass below 3.5 tonnes. This programme will ensure that the learner drives a specific type of rigid light vehicle in accordance with legal, safety, manufacturer and other relevant requirements. On completion of the programme, drivers are able to preserve vehicles as assets and drive safely and defensively.
Credited learners are capable of:
- preparing a rigid light vehicle for road transport trips according to specification
- driving a rigid light vehicle in accordance with specified requirements
- ensuring the maintenance of road transport service quality
- handling unexpected situations according to specified procedures
- reflecting on vehicle performance and own operation of vehicle against requirements
- parking rigid light vehicle in accordance with specified requirements.
- Unit Standard Title: Operate a rigid light vehicle
- Classroom Price: R 1 630
- Classroom Duration: 2 days, including a 1 day practical assessment
- Credits: 10
- SAQA ID: 123257
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: Proof of 60 driving hours required in order to achieve the accredited certificate. Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 2. Driver’s must hold valid Code 8EB or B.
- Target Groups: • Code 8EB or B drivers