Operate a heavy-duty vehicle
This is a comprehensive practical and theoretical programme on road safety and defensive driving for rigid and/or articulated/combination vehicles. It aims to improve driving skills and driver attitudes. The aim is to increase learner knowledge and understanding of road safety, to prepare them to react in the best possible way when faced with unexpected situations, and to become more aware of other road users.
Credited learners are capable of:
- preparing a vehicle combination/rigid vehicle for road transport trips according to specification
- driving a vehicle combination/rigid vehicle in accordance with specified requirements
- ensuring the maintenance of road transport service quality
- handling unexpected situations according to specified procedures
- parking vehicle combination in accordance with specified requirements
- coupling and uncoupling a drawing vehicle and trailer/s according to specified procedures.
- Classroom Price: R2 360 (incl. VAT)
- Classroom Duration: 3 days + 2-hour practical
- Credits: 20/15
- SAQA ID: 123254/123253
- NQF Level: 4/3
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3
- Target Groups: • Code C, C1 and EC and EC1 drivers that operate a heavy rigid, an articulated or vehicle combination