National certificate: road transport
The purpose of this qualification is to facilitate training and educational opportunities for individuals currently employed in the southern African road transport industry, or those wishing to pursue a career in this industry. Individuals will have the opportunity to specialise in either freight or passenger related fields. The training will be applicable and appropriate to companies where transport is a primary or secondary function.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to understand:
- the South African road transport industry and apply basic road transport managerial principles
- typical customers, through learning how to communicate and conduct business in a professional manner, within the parameters of the legal and institutional boundaries of South African road transport legislation
- occupational health and safety and environmental issues in the South African road transport industry, as well as the approach to everyday road transport operational activities is demonstrated
- sourcing and deliberation of road transport operational information, as well as with the ability to process this information in such a way that it benefits the company. This information will be implemented in the organisation’s routing and scheduling activities where the learners will be able to process the information
- how subordinates are supervised in a manner that will lead to harmonious interpersonal relations at the workplace
- analyse, and prepare a road transport budget to ensure the effective creation and implementation of costing and budgets.
- Unit Standard Title: 48437 (Qualification ID)
- Course Price: R31 950
- Course Duration: 1 year
- Credits: 133
- SAQA ID: 48437
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3
- Target Groups: This qualification is intended for individuals wishing to pursue a career in road transport operations and management. It would also serve to formally recognise the experience gained by individuals employed in the sector. This Qualification equips an individual for employment and/or career advancement opportunities within the Transport Industry of Southern Africa, as well as enables the individual to pursue more advanced levels of study in this specific field.