National certificate: new venture creation
The purpose of the NQF level 2 New Venture Creation qualification is to provide a basis for structured programmes, for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors. This qualification is designed for learners who intend to set up or have already set up their own ventures. Assessment of the competencies and knowledge in the qualification needs to be done in the context of the learner’s own new venture.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- develop appropriate skills and knowledge for the establishment and development of an enterprise
- address the economic/administrative and behavioural barriers that contribute to failures in starting and sustaining an enterprise
- create long-term solutions for job creation and SMME development via the building blocks and structure of a qualification that practically addresses the learning requirements of budding entrepreneurs.
- Course Price: R 25 760
- Course Duration: 1 year
- Credits: 138
- SAQA ID: 49648 (Qualification ID)
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3
- Target Groups: This qualification is designed for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the individual to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors.