National certificate: freight handling
The safe handling of freight is dependent upon the applicable people complying with the relevant procedures and applying the necessary skills to their handling.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to:
- understand the principles of the freight handling business in South Africa
- understand the composition of the supply chain in the transport industry
- understand legislated and company-required health, safety, environmental and security practices
- act responsibly when handling freight.
- Classroom Price: R31 110 (incl. VAT)
- Classroom Duration: 1 year
- Credits: 128
- SAQA ID: SAQA ID: 57831 (Qualification ID)
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3
- Target Groups: This qualification is intended for individuals who wish to explore a range of options related to their specific chosen field, enabling decision making and improving performance around freight handling administration, planning, goods handling, storage, transport planning, and basic freight handling equipment maintenance.