Move, pack & maintain stock in distribution center/warehouse
This unit standard is for people who are responsible for moving, packing and maintaining stock in a DC/Warehouse and maintaining safety and housekeeping standards.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- identifying appropriate areas for packing stock
- moving stock to and pack stock in identified location
- preventing shrinkage and losses while moving, packing and maintaining stock
- maintaining stock in the distribution centre.
The learner will also understand relevant aspects of the following:
- Common terms and concepts used when moving, packing, labelling and maintaining stock in the DC
- The layout of the DC and the requirements that impact on the layout
- Stock characteristics and how they impact on the moving, packing and maintaining of the stock
- Techniques and safety procedures for lifting, stacking and transporting stock
- Health and Safety Procedures relevant to packing stock
- The terms ‘shrinkage’ and ‘losses’
- The effect of shrinkage and losses on profits and employees
- Causes and preventative methods for shrinkage and losses as applicable to the process of moving, packing and maintaining stocks
- The supply chain and the roles of the various players in the supply chain
- The difference between and relationship between pick and reserve areas
- How stock rotation impacts on moving, packing and maintaining stocks
- Stock flow through the organisation
- Identifying misdirected/unmarked stocks and how to deal with them
- Organisational requirements in respect of:
- replenishing pick areas
- clearing holding areas
- moving/storing empty pallets.
- Unit Standard Title: Move, pack and maintain stock in a distribution centre/warehouse
- Classroom Price: R1 710 (incl. VAT)
- Classroom Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 13
- SAQA ID: 117898
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level ABET 4
- Target Groups: • This programme is aimed at any person working with movin, packing, and maintaining stock in a warehouse or in any part of the logistics chain.