Incident investigation level 3 for mining
This course enables learners to conduct investigations into mining workplace incidents. The competency includes all the activities required to successfully conduct incident investigations and assessments.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course; learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
- The specified requirements pertaining to conducting an investigation into workplace incidents. These include the relevant standards, the extent of the investigation, identifying the relevant hazards and risks to be encountered during the investigation, and the purpose of conducting investigations
- Preparing to gather data for the investigation. This includes verifying the purpose and extent of the investigation; verifying the persons, tools, equipment and material as fit and available for purpose; explaining the relevant hazard and risk-control measures for workplace incident data gathering, and the consequences of not conforming to specified requirements in preparing for data gathering
- Gathering and evaluating data. This includes gathering data according to the requirements for the intended type of investigation; determining the prevailing conditions at the scene of the incident; using accepted data gathering methods; evaluating gathered data, and identifying the causes of the incident
- Performing post-investigation functions. These include reporting findings; recommendations and remedial action; dealing with identified sub-standard acts and conditions; evaluating and recording remedial actions, and explaining the consequences of non-compliance
- Course Price: R 4 980
- Course Duration: 3 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • HSE practitioners • HSE Representatives • Supervisors/Artisans • Investigators