Mine health & safety (MHS) act
The course offers an overview of the Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA), including the latest amendments and its implications for safety, health and the environment in a mine.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course.
- Introduction to the MHSA, common law and legislation
- Criminal and civil liability
- Duties of employers regarding health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues in a mining environment. The role of the MHSA in the broader responsibilities for HSE
- Aims and objectives of the MHSA
- Legal duties and responsibilities of the employee
- Implications of manufacturer’s duties in accordance with the MHSA
- Types of incidents that must be reported in terms of the MHSA and regulations, and the other steps taken regarding incidents
- Course Price: R 2 910
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • HSE practitioners • Senior and middle management • HSE Representatives • Full-time health and safety stewards • Supervisors/artisans.