Legal liability for mining
The course will provide learners with a better understanding of the concept of legal liability within the mining sector, and how legislation regulates and enforces it.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course; learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
By the end of the course, the successful learner will have a basic understanding of:
- Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA)
- Duties of employer, employees and supervisor
- HSE representatives roles, duties and powers
- Manufacturers’ and suppliers’ duty for health and safety
- Duties of a Chief Safety Officer and Safety Officers
- Role, powers and authority of the DMR inspectorate.
- Course Price: R 2 970
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • HSE practitioners • Middle management • HSE Representatives • Full-time health and safety stewards • Supervisors/artisans