Introduction to OHS Act E-Learning
This course provides the learner with a basic knowledge of the responsibilities pertaining to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act).
- Various activities will be completed online.
- Written assessment to be done online at the end of the course. Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- the legal liabilities of employers and contractors
- the difference between common law and legislation
- the attributes that need to be addressed
- how to:
- use and read the OHS Act (including the intention and meaning of the sections)
- do citation of legal requirements.
- who can assist in making the OHS Act work
- the responsibilities and rights of various role players (in terms of the OHS Act)
- when a health and safety policy is effective
- the basic understanding of how to manage health and safety.
- Course Price: R1 220
- Course Duration: 1 day
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 2
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • All employees, but especially management and supervisory personnel