Incident Investigation Level 3 Webinar
Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will understand how to adopt a detailed but simple approach to incident investigation procedures and techniques.
- Various activities will be completed online.
- Written assessment to be done online at the end of the course. Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- explain the:
- specified requirements pertaining to conducting an investigation into workplace incidents
- relevant standards for an investigation into workplace incidents
- extent of the investigation
- relevant hazard and risk control measures for workplace incident data gathering, and the consequences of not conforming to specified requirements, in preparing for data gathering
- importance of identifying the causes of the incident being investigated and the consequences of non-compliance with any of the required steps.
- describe the:
- relevant hazards and risks likely to be encountered during the investigation
- purpose of conducting investigations into workplace incidents.
- prepare to gather data for the investigation
- verify the:
- purpose and extent of the investigation
- persons, tools, equipment and material as fit for purpose and available
- gather and evaluate data, according to the requirements for the intended type of investigation
- determine the prevailing conditions at the scene of the incident by using accepted data-gathering methods
- identify the causes of an incident through the interpretation of variances
- perform post-investigation functions
- report the findings, recommendations and remedial action
- deal with the identified sub-standard acts and conditions reported appropriately
- evaluate and record remedial action accordingly
- explain the consequences of non-compliance with any of the above.
- Course Price: R2 190
- Course Duration: 3 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • Department managers, supervisors and investigators • Team members, HSE representatives, committee members and HSE practitioners