Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) for Mining
This practical course will provide learners with the necessary tools and skills to enable them to carry out hazard identification and risk assessments in the workplace. The aim of the course is to enable responsible and informed contributions to the health and safety effort in the workplace.
- Various activities will be completed online.
- Written assessment to be done online at the end of the course. Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
By the end of the course, the successful learner will be able to:
- the HIRA process
- the different types of HIRA in the workplace.
- select the appropriate HIRA method for different circumstances
- describe and applying the techniques used in HIRA in the workplace
- conduct a risk assessment using the HIRA methodology
- identify applicable control measures.
- Course Price: R2 240
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: Follow basic occupational health and safety practices underground at NQF Level 1
- Target Groups: • Supervisory personnel • HSE management • Occupational health staff • Engineering personnel