Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) E-Learning
This course is for learners who have to demonstrate the ability to conduct a risk assessment in the workplace. The course will enable the learner to prepare and conduct a risk assessment as well as, initiate remedial actions for hazards identified and risks assessed.
- Various activities will be completed online.
- Written assessment to be done online at the end of the course. Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
This practical course will provide the successful learner with the necessary tools and skills to enable them to carry out hazard and risk assessments in their workplace. The aim of the course is to enable these people to make responsible and informed contributions to the health and safety effort in their workplace.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- explain the:
- hazard identification and risk assessment processes
- different types of hazard identification and risk assessments in the workplace.
- select the appropriate hazard identification and risk assessment methods for different circumstances
- describe and apply the techniques used in hazard identification and risk assessment in the workplace
- conduct a risk assessment using the HIRA methodology
- identify applicable control measures.
- Classroom Price: R1 400
- Classroom Duration: 1 day
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Target Groups: • Management and supervisors • HSE representatives and other HSE practitioners • Any person who is expected to carry out formal hazard identification and risk assessments