GMR 2 (1) supervisor of machinery
The course provides learners an overview of the key requirements of the OHS Act, pertaining to safe use of plant and machinery, and how to implement and manage these.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course
- Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
The following aspects will be addressed during the course:
- What the law consists of in respect of occupational health and safety.
- How to read legislation in general but specifically in respect of the OHS Act
- Terminology and legal liabilities in respect of occupational health and safety
- The reasons for appointing a competent person to oversee the use of machinery
- What determines competency in respect of this particular appointment
- The appointment of assistants to the supervisor of machinery
- Duties of manufacturers, designers, erectors and installers
- The necessity for and the role of the competent person in respect of:
- risk assessments;.
- safe operating procedures;
- permit systems;
- lock-outs, etc.
- The legal requirements and practical approach to the General Machinery Regulations (GMRs)
- Process to be followed during the appointment of a competent person
- Relationship between different role players in occupational health and safety.
- Course Price: R 2 040
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1
- Target Groups: ● Chief executive officers (CEOs)/Managing directors ● Managers assigned (in terms of section 16(2)) to assist the abovementioned ● Competent persons and their assistants (as per the General Machinery Regulations) ● HSE Managers, officers and practitioners ● Supervisors and foremen ● All employees whose work activities involve use of plant, machinery and equipment