General education and training certificate: transport
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with entry-level knowledge, skills and attitudes for the transport and logistics sector of the South African economy. Furthermore, qualifying learners will be afforded the choice of specialisation in any of the modes of transport.
Learners credited with this qualification will be able to:
- explain the composition of the supply chain in relation to their role in the transport and logistics industry
- apply the relevant health, safety, security and environmental legislation, policies, and practices within the transport and logistics’ industry
- demonstrate life-skills and entry-level workplace skills in the transport and logistics environment.
- Classroom Price: R25 830 (incl. VAT)
- Classroom Duration: 1 year
- Credits: 120
- SAQA ID: 59300 (Qualification ID)
- NQF Level: 1
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3
- Target Groups: This qualification is intended for any individual who is, or wishes to pursue a career within any one of the specialised modes within the transport industry (namely aerospace, warehousing and distribution, stevedoring, rail, road freight transport, courier industry, maritime, fishing, port operations, forwarding and clearing, pipeline operations and road passenger transport.) This will ensure the availability of suitably trained employees within an industry that has been targeted for growth.