First aid level 3
The course will enable the first responder to react to emergencies at an advanced first aid level, until the arrival of more professional emergency personnel.
Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will be capable of:
- explaining the principles of advanced first aid in emergencies
- demonstrating an advanced level of preparedness to deal with sudden illness or emergency
- assessing and managing an emergency scene/disaster
- describing the anatomy and explaining the physiology of the human body systems in terms of injury or sudden illness
- applying primary first aid for all age groups according to accepted current first aid protocols
- explaining and managing shock.
- Course Price: R2 140
- Course Duration: 4 days
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- Prerequisites: Valid First Aid Level 2 certificate to qualify to attend the course; basic general knowledge of methods of contracting HIV
- Target Groups: • All companies that want to ensure their employees are equipped to deal with any emergency situation that requires advanced first aid and to ensure legal compliance. This will depend on the level of risk employees are exposed to and the type of industry (for example, the maritime industry requires a Level 3 certificate).