Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will be capable of identifying, containing, preventing and extinguishing different types of fires by operating basic firefighting equipment.
- Classroom activities
- Additional homework
- Written test
- Practical exercise
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- identify different types of fires
- explain and practise fire prevention
- operate basic firefighting equipment
- perform basic firefighting procedures
- identify different types of emergency situations
- understand and implement an emergency evacuation plan
- understand the various duties of emergency personnel in the workplace.
- Unit Standard Title: Apply firefighting techniques
- Course Price: R 1 660
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 3
- SAQA ID: 252250
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 1
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • All employees responsible for workplace firefighting and appointed workplace firefighters, or persons who want to gain greater knowledge about workplace firefighting and basic fire prevention. It is useful to have a fire marshal complete this programme, as they act as the backup for the appointed workplace firefighter.