Fall Protection Plan Development Webinar
The course is aimed at those individuals who will be responsible for the safety and protection of people working at height where there is a risk of injury from a fall. The course will equip learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to develop fall protection plans for people working at height, required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85 of 1993).
- Various activities will be completed online.
- A practice assessment to be done at the end of the online course
- Students must book their final summative assessment at a training centre
- Learners must be found competent in both written and practical assessment
Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will be able to assume responsibility for the safety and protection of people working at height, where there is a risk of injury from a fall. Learners will also be able to:
- perform a risk assessment of the worksite, where work is at height
- develop a fall protection plan that includes a rescue plan.
- Unit Standard Title: Assess a worksite for work at height and prepare a fall protection plan Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when working at height
- Webinar Price: R4 490
- Webinar Duration: 5 days
- Credits: 3
- SAQA ID: 229994
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 4
- Prerequisites: US 229998 (Basic Working at Height), laptop for completion of the workplace assignment, two certified copies of ID/passport Certified copy of highest qualification, valid work-at-height medical certificate of fitness, issued by an Occupational Health Practitioner (Important note: Medically fit learners will be required to complete SAQA unit standard 229994 and SAQA unit standard 229998 for IWH registration. Medically unfit learners will be required to complete SAQA unit standard 229994 and the IWH LNQ Programme for IWH registration.)
- Target Groups: • Business owners • Managers • Supervisors • Safety practitioners • People who have been identified to prepare, maintain or implement fall protection plans.