Fall arrest & rescue
The course will equip learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding in order to take responsibility for installing, using and inspecting fall arrest systems and to perform basic rescues.
- Various activities will be completed during class, as well as for homework.
- Written assessment and practical assessment to be done at the end of the course, learners must be found to be competent in bothe written and practical assessment.
Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will be able to assume responsibility for inspection and installation of fall arrest systems, and for implementing fall protection plans and rescues. Learners will also be able to:
- the use of a range of fall arrest equipment and knowledge of applicable regulations
- the use basic rope knots.
- install and use fall arrest systems
- inspect and assemble fall arrest equipment and systems
- interpret and implement a fall protection plan
- perform basic fall arrest rescues to bring a casualty down to safety.
- Unit Standard Title: Install, use and perform basic rescues from fall arrest systems and implement the fall protection plan
- Classroom Price: R4 510 (incl. VAT)
- Classroom Duration: 3 days
- Credits: 3
- SAQA ID: 229995
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: • US 229998 (Fall arrest level 1) • two certified copies of ID/passport • certified copy of highest qualification • valid work-at-height medical certificate of fitness • issued by an occupational health practitioner (OHP)
- Target Groups: Any person exposed to fall risk, where the use of fall arrest systems and specific types of fall protection equipment are going to be used or where a rescue might have to be performed. These people may include, but are not limited to: • safety practitioners • supervisors • riggers • rescue team members • fall protection equipment inspectors.