Emergency evacuation procedures
The course is aimed to enable learners to distinguish between an emergency and an incident as well as understanding the different types of emergencies that may take place in the workplace. The learners will be able to explain the types of emergency alarms in the workplace, the procedures for responding to them and the methods and procedures, which need to be applied in an assembly area after an alarm.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework
- Written test
- Practical exercise
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to explain:
- Different types of emergencies that may be encountered in a workplace
- Various responses to an alarm
- Actions required of a safety officer in an assembly area
- The functions of an emergency control centre.
- Unit Standard Title: Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Course Price: R 1 480
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 3
- SAQA ID: 259597
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • All employees responsible for workplace evacuation, emergency preparedness and assisting emergency teams in emergency planning.