Count stock for stock take
This unit standard is intended for persons working in the retail and wholesale sector who count stock for either general stock counts or for a financial stock take. Persons credited with this unit standard will accurately count stock following all organisational procedures.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- preparing stock for stock count
- counting stock
- performing post stock count housekeeping functions.
The learner will also understand relevant aspects of the following:
- The impact and effect of correct and incorrect stock counts on the business
- Organisational procedure for the counting of stock
- Post stock-count housekeeping requirements
- Methods for preparing stock for counting
- Interpreting instructions for stock count.
- Unit Standard Title: Count stock for a stock-take
- Unit Standard ID: 114891
- Classroom Price: R1 630
- Classroom Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 5
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: Numeracy and Literacy at NQF Level 1 or equivalent
- Target Groups: • This programme is aimed at any person working with stock within the warehousing or logistics chain.