Convey dangerous goods by road
Dangerous Goods Training as gazetted to ensure compliance of Chapter 8 of the Road Traffic Act 1996, is necessary for any driver wanting to transport dangerous goods on South African roads. The purpose of learning is to ensure safe loading, conveying and off-loading of dangerous goods, according to legal and organisational requirements. Drivers will be skilled in conveying dangerous goods in accordance with legal, safety, manufacturer and other relevant requirements, and to handle incidents safely when they occur.
Any driver wishing to apply for a professional driving permit PrDP (D) or renew their PrDP (D) needs to receive a certificate of competence against this unit standard.
Credited learners are capable of:
- complying with relevant legal documentation requirements
- applying safety and standard operating procedures during loading and off-loading
- applying safety procedures in the event of an incident
- complying with the requirements of SANS 10231 in terms of behaviour on route.
- Unit Standard Title: Convey dangerous goods by road
- Course Price: R 1 095 per person (Novice); R760 per person (Re-certification)
- Course Duration: 2 days novice; 1 day re-certification
- Credits: 4
- SAQA ID: 123259
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: It is assumed that learners have already attained NQF Level 2 Mathematical Literacy and Communication competence. Drivers must hold valid driver’s licence and valid PrDp and be aged 25+. Re-certification training should have a certificate not expired for more than 1 year.
- Target Groups: • All drivers who need to renew or apply for their professional driving permits (PrDP) for transportation of dangerous goods • All drivers that convey dangerous goods by road • Controllers that oversee the transportation of dangerous goods