Convey Dangerous Goods By Road: Re-certification Webinar
Dangerous Goods Training as gazetted to ensure compliance with Chapter 8 of the Road Traffic Act 1996, is necessary for any driver wanting to transport dangerous goods on South African roads and in the SADC region. The purpose of learning is to ensure safe loading, conveying and off-loading of dangerous goods, according to legal and organisational requirements. Drivers will be skilled in conveying dangerous goods in accordance with legal, safety, manufacturer and other relevant requirements, and to handle incidents safely when they occur.
Any driver wishing to renew their PrDP (D) needs to receive a certificate of competence against this unit standard.
Competent learners are capable of:
- complying with relevant legal documentation requirements
- applying safety and standard operating procedures during loading and off-loading
- applying safety procedures in the event of an incident
- complying with the requirements of SANS 10231 in terms of behaviour on route.
- Unit Standard Title: Convey Dangerous Goods By Road
- Webinar Price: R570 per person
- Webinar Duration: 1 day
- Credits: 4
- SAQA ID: 123259
- NQF Level: 3
- Prerequisites: It is assumed that learners have already attained NQF Level 2 Mathematical Literacy and Communication competence. Any person can attend the course but when applying for a PrDP one must be 25+ and have a driver’s license for their applicable vehicle. Limited to re-certification training. Novice training must be attended through classroom delivery.
- Target Groups: • All drivers who need to renew or apply for their professional driving permits PrDP (D) for transportation of dangerous goods and to ensure compliance with Chapter 8 of The Road Traffic Act of 1996 • Controllers that oversee the transportation of dangerous goods