Controlling hazardous and dangerous goods
Learners that successfully complete this course will be able to handle and store dangerous goods. They will be able to classify goods in preparation for storage and prepare these goods for safe transportation. Learners will also be able to handle incidents in the event of them happening in accordance with required safety procedures and guidelines.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- identify and classify dangerous goods in accordance with documentation, packing and labelling
- correctly handle and store classified goods and substances during warehousing and storage
- prepare the dangerous goods for transportation
- take appropriate action in the event of an accident in the handling of the dangerous goods.
The above programme can be customised to suit a specific organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Unit Standard Title: Controlling hazardous/dangerous and dangerous goods
- Course Price: R 1 630
- Course Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 4
- SAQA ID: 8020
- NQF Level: 4
- Prerequisites: Learners should have a sound understanding of occupational health and safety and general housekeeping
- Target Groups: • This programme is aimed at individuals entering or currently employed in any capacity where they handle or control dangerous goods.