Confined space entry
The course will equip learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding in identifying the hazard of confined spaces and the precautions required for the safety of workers and the public.
- Various activities will be completed during class.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course, learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
Qualifying learners will be able to identify the hazard of confined spaces and the precautions required for the safety of their workers, and the public. This includes identifying the appropriate protective clothing and planning for emergency situations, but excludes working at height. Basic working at height training will be required where learners are exposed to fall risk whilst working in confined spaces.
- Unit Standard Title: Work in confined spaces on construction sites
- Unit Standard ID: 15034
- Classroom Price: R2 830 (incl. VAT)
- Classroom Duration: 2 days
- Credits: 2
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: Valid work-at-height medical certificate of fitness, issued by an occupational health practitioner (OHP) (Important note: Medical certificate of fitness to be accompanied by a lung function test)
- Target Groups: • Safety practitioners, supervisors, permit issuers, confined space attendants and general workers who have to enter confined spaces.