Chemical handling workshop
This workshop is site and product specific. Prior to the training taking place, the facilitator will spend time in the organisation, collecting the various MSDSs that are used and take photos of the hazardous goods storage areas, and the various products that are stored on site. These will be incorporated into the programme to ensure that the workshop is specific and relevant to your organisation.
By the end of the course, the learners will understand:
- how to identify client- and site-specific needs
- a brief overview of dangerous goods
- classification of dangerous goods (nine classes)
- interpretation of material safety data sheets
- storage of dangerous goods:
- segregation and compatibility
- safety signs
- TREMcard and dangerous goods declaration
- vehicle placards
- product and site-specific training for:
- product identification
- site photos of products
- pictures of incidents with specific products.
- Course Price: R 5 580 per day (In a group of 1-15 learners)
- Course Duration: 5 hours (depending on the level of interaction and the number of questions that arise from the session)
- Prerequisites: Learners should have a sound understanding of occupational health and safety and general housekeeping
- Target Groups: • This programme is aimed at individuals entering or currently employed in any capacity where they handle or control dangerous goods.