On completion of the course, the successful learner will be capable of identifying, containing, preventing and extinguishing different types of fires by operating basic firefighting equipment.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework.
- Written test
- Practical exercise
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify different types of fires
- Explain and practise fire prevention
- Operate basic firefighting equipment
- Perform basic firefighting procedures.
- Unit Standard Title: Apply firefighting techniques
- Classroom Price: R 950
- Classroom Duration: 1 day
- Credits: 3
- SAQA ID: 252250
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 1
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • All employees responsible for workplace firefighting and appointed workplace firefighters, or persons who want to gain greater knowledge about workplace firefighting and basic fire prevention. It is useful to have a fire marshal complete this programme, as they act as the backup for the appointed workplace firefighter.