Basic Firefighting E-Learning
A blended learning approach to teach the learner the principles of basic firefighting. On completion of the course, the successful learner will be capable of identifying, containing, preventing and extinguishing different types of fires by operating basic firefighting equipment.
- Various activities to be completed online after completion of each module.
- Written test
- Practical exercise
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify different types of fires
- Explain and practise fire prevention
- Operate basic firefighting equipment
- Perform basic firefighting procedures.
- Unit Standard Title: Apply firefighting techniques
- Course Price: R980
- Course Duration: 4 hours theory + practical assessment
- Credits: 3
- SAQA ID: 252250
- Professional Body: Saiosh
- CPD Points: 5
- NQF Level: 1
- Prerequisites: None
- Target Groups: • All employees responsible for workplace firefighting and appointed workplace firefighters, or persons who want to gain greater knowledge about workplace firefighting and basic fire prevention. It is useful to have a fire marshal complete this programme, as they act as the backup for the appointed workplace firefighter.