Apply basic concepts of cargo care
The person credited with this unit standard is able to select the appropriate unit, knowledge and understanding of how the various packaging units are stuffed to avoid contamination damage and movement of cargo.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- explaining the appropriate packaging for the mode used
- monitoring the marking, numbering and labelling of cargo
- packing and stowing cargo
- explaining the cargo care requirements for specialised cargo.
- Unit Standard Title: Apply basic concepts of cargo care
- Classroom Price: R 1 630
- Classroom Duration: 1 day
- Credits: 7
- SAQA ID: 252373
- NQF Level: 2
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1
- Target Groups: • This programme is aimed at any person working with goods/cargo/stock within the warehousing or logistics chain.