AARTO workshops are designed to impart the knowledge of what AARTO is and how it works to all people in your company who hold driving licenses and these workshops deal with a lot more than just AARTO. They also deal with other issues relating to traffic law and driver behaviour and aim to impart a greater understanding of both, a person’s rights and responsibilities as a holder of a driving licence.
- A background to AARTO and why it is necessary to have a points-demerit system
- Understanding the AARTO legislation
- Understanding the National Road Traffic Act
- Procedures to be followed by issuing authorities
- Financial penalties and how the demerit-points system works
- A person’s options under AARTO
- Procedures for dealing with infringement notices and the forms that need to be completed
- Effect on contracts – insurance, leasing, rental, etc.
- Effect of the legislation on juristic persons and operators
- The effects of corruption on traffic enforcement – particularly AARTO and how to deal with it
- Course Price: R 5 580 per day (in a group of 1-15 learners)
- Course Duration: 5 hours (depending on the level of interaction and the number of questions that arise from the session)
- Prerequisites: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 2
- Target Groups: • This workshop has a wide target audience ranging from executives and fleet managers to ordinary drivers who wish to avoid falling foul of AARTO and risking losing their driving licenses and livelihoods